This video was made while I was going for 99 herblore.
I was gathering my own secondary ingredients and finding out the best way for me to collect them.
The video's are intended to help people who want to gather them as well and as a reminded for when I want to collect the specific item again.
This is a video about Mort Myre fungi.
- Snelm: There are a lot of snails out there and there's a chance you might accidentally attack them. If they didn't die, they'll attack you, so the snelm will reduce their damage.
- Ardougne Cloak: Casting the bloom spell drains your prayer points. Teleporting to the Kandarin monastery with the Ardougne cloak is the fastest way to recharge your prayer.
- Morytania Legs: This doubles the amount of Mort Myre Fungi you get.
- TokKul-Zo: With this you can teleport (Fight Caves) very close to a Fairy Ring free of charge.
- Ivandis Flail: Used to cast the bloom spell.
- Enhanced Excalibur: Ghasts will damage you from time to time so it's a great thing to heal with. This can also be used to kill a snail if you were to accidentally attack one.
- Melee gear: The offensive bonuses will aid you in killing a snail if you were to attack one. It gives decent defence bonuses for when a snail keeps attacking you.
Teleporting to the Fight Caves with the TokKul-Zo will bring you very close to a fairy ring, free of charge.
When you get to fairy central, enter the code 'B K R'.
This will take you right into the swamp.
The ideal place so cast the bloom spell is near the deposit chest.
It is located west with a slight angle to the south of the fairy ring.
On your way to that place you will encounter a place with 3 rotting logs.
I would suggest filling up your inventory with Mort Myre fungi there.
Leave that place and head to the deposit chest when you have less then 6 inventory spaces.
The reason for that is to not waste prayer points or fungi.
When you arrive at the chest use one of fungi on it and press '4' on your keyboard when the dialogue box comes up.
This will bank all the fungi.
At the chest you should see 3 rotting logs just south.
Stand between the two northern rotting logs and cast bloom.
First take the southern fungi, second the north-eastern fungi and last the north-western.
This is the best order to pick them up.
Bank the fungi when invy is full and get back.
When you're prayer runs out, bank all the fungi and teleport to the Kandarin monastery using the Ardougne cloak, recharge your prayer points and teleport to the fight cave.
Don't use a beast of burden here.
You're close to the chest so there's no use for one.
It would take longer to open the BoB window and load the fungi into it then just using the chest.
The BoB would also get in the way of the fungi.
The swamp is filled with snails and often one will stand on the fungi.
You still click on the fungi, without right-clicking, but it's harder.
There is a bigger chance to attack the snail then picking the fungi.
Because of that I'm wearing the snelm and melee gear.
With the Excalibur you often won't kill it in 1 hit, but after 2 hits it'll be dead.
The reason why I use the Excalibur is for the healing special.
Often the ghasts damage you, not a lot though, but it can add up in the long run.
You're easily healed with the Excalibur.
It is hard to give an accurate fungi per hour rate as it is different every time.
But I've taken the highest quantity and the fastest trip into account and as result I got 1,958.9 Mort Myre fungi per hour.
As I said, it's very random, that's why I've lowered the rate to 1,800+ Mort Myre fungi per hour.
My Goals & Achievements Thread on Zybez: http://forums.zybez.net/topic/889936-7-apr-%E2%88%AB-metalmaniac9s-extreme-diying-to-99-rc-herb/
Game's creator: JaGeX Ltd.
Music: Channel Zero - Why
Recording Software: Camtasia Recorder
Editing Software: Camtasia Studio
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.